Company History

2010

Restructering of the work flow and conversion of the welding shop and the carpenter's shop.

2008

The company adds on an extra 1800 sqm of workshop area for the production of swimming pool covers.

2007

The company invests in shot-blasting facilities for large heavy parts covering 5 000 sqm of handling and stocking area. A 20m-reach, 20 ton lift mobile gantry crane loads the manipulator cars that feed the blasting and painting stations.

 

 

1992

New expansion sees the construction of a 4000 sqm workshop dedicated to the production of machined GFRP sandwich panels and baptised « Chanclu shop ».

1976

In order to accomodate the increased company activity new premises are acquired alon the Bellegarde Road in Ladon.

1969

Mr Marc GIRERD takes over the company from Mssrs GONNARD and HARRAULT and renames it toutenkamion.

The inspiration for this came from the wide media publicity given to the restoration of the mummy of TOUTANKHAMON in Paris at the time.

1967

Mr Marc GIRERD enters the company's Accounts department.

1960

Mr GONNARD takes his son-in-low Mr HARRAULT into the company and it becomes "GONNARD and HARRAULT". Sheet metal slowly replaces the wood and in 1966 GFRP is introduced as being the most suitable material for building the bodies.

1936

Mr GONNARD, coachbuilder established his company along the 24 November Avenue in Ladon. Wood was then the main material used; mobile grocery vans, cattles wagons.